Photo booths are the hot new trend at Chicago weddings and once you have been to a wedding that has one you will know why. They provide hours of entertainment for all ages and at the end of the night your guests will walk away with unique keepsakes from your wedding that they will cherish forever.
Make sure you do your homework and go with the reputable local company that will not disappoint you on your wedding day. You can seek out dependable companies and their reviews on wedding planning websites like The Knot and Wedding Wire and other reviews sites like Yelp.
Once you have decided on a good company to work with it is time to decide on how you want to incorporate the photo booth into your wedding. Do you just want it to be a fun add-on to the entertainment for the evening or do you want it to be a major element?
Here are 7 ideas you can use to incorporate even more photo booth fun into your wedding reception:
1. Photo Guestbook – skip the boring old sign in guestbook! Have your guests go through the booth and then glue their photo strip to a blank guestbook page and sign a personal message to the newlyweds. I guarantee that in the years to follow you will go through the book quite often to look at all the great pictures of your friends and family. How often will you look at a book of signatures?
For a classic feel the black and white photo strips look amazing on black pages.
If you want your guests to get really creative bring a variety of scissors, paper punches, stickers, etc and let their inner artist come out.
2. Photo Sleeves – Leave a plastic photo sleeve at the guest’s table with a personal message from you inviting your guests to enjoy the booth. The sleeves are a great way for your guests to take home of all of their photo strips and make for cool bookmarks.
Example message” Thank you for sharing this day with us. To commemorate the occasion please stop by the photo booth! Take a strip (or two or ten!) home in this sleeve. Be sure to leave the duplicates for us in the guestbook. Today wouldn’t have been the same without you”
Many couples are skipping the more traditional and sometimes boring wedding favors and providing the photo booth as the favor instead. While not everyone keeps the usual wedding favors, everybody keeps fun pictures of themselves and their friends.
3. Photo Booth Save The Dates -Make your Save The Date cards or invitations a series of four pictures on a photo strip. You can tie in the classic photo booth theme into the whole reception! You can do postcards or magnets.
4. Props – Your guests will usually think of endless creative things to do in the photo booth but if you want to add fuel to the fire give them props! Hats, sunglasses, feathered boas, anything you can think of.
If you are having a themed event think about props that go along with the theme.
Provide them with cardboard cut outs of famous actors or rock stars to interact with.
Give them pads of paper or a white board to write or draw on and use in their photo session.
5. Photo Booth Tickets – Give your guests a set number of photo booth tickets to use. If they want more tickets you can think of creative ways to make them earn them or just have a stack of them available to hand out. This could be a great activity for the kids putting them in charge of distributing the tickets.
6. VIP Treatment – treat your guests like movie stars with a red carpet and red velvet ropes leading up to the booth!
7. Video Projection – Half the fun of a photo booth is sharing the hilarious pictures with your friends. With video projection you can display the pictures in a slideshow on a large monitor or on a huge projection screen for everyone to see. A large group will usually gather around and have a great time watching all of the pictures.
Source by Mike Dodson